Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Stopping power was awesome on my front discs. Pulled rear drums and dust and parts fell out. Apparantly only front was operating.

Redid rear drums. Smoked to start, too tight. Loosened and now not smoking.

Anyways no real stopping power now. All were well bled. I also dont see the adjustment valve under the driver seat. Perhaps removed. So I am assuming braking is all rear now to the new rear pads.

Any way to tighten fronts or do I need to find an adjuster valve somewhere? If so, I would love a part #.

Did that front/rear shut off valve kick in when bleading? Is that possible? Is there a bleading "sequence" I screwed up on?

Thanks so much.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Parts fell out, you put the rear brakes on about 2 weeks ago, you pumped the brakes
several people said check the rear brakes. You will blow parts out without the drums
to contain the moving parts. When parts "fall" out something is wrong! The valve you are looking for under the seat is a hold off, not adjustable.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks John. Parts fell out when I INITIALLY pulled them off. I mean dust and parts literally fell right out it was so old.

Now I think they are working. Problem is I think all my braking is rear now, where before the rebuild it was all front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts