Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just passed my 1st year with the 2001 WS6 Vert, and it was time to spend some coin, as the CATs and exhaust have been rusting in Florida.

I purchased a set of BBK Shorty Headers (Ceramic Coated) and Magnaflow Catback Exhaust System Stainless Steel​.

Should be a fun weekend installing everything. Should I replace the Y pipe, Any real gains or looses there? If so, is there a recommended brand or type? Is Ceramic Coated worth it or go Stainless steel.

Another question, how often are people changing Spark Plug Wires now? Use to be 100k, is this still valid?

Side note, my 68 just got scheduled for the body shop 2nd week of January. All Chrome is being blacked out except the window molding and we choose to use the new 2017 Metallic Hyper Blue. Should be gorgeous.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used the Stainless Works high flow y-pipe with shorty headers on my old 2001 WS6 and loved it! Definitely some gains to be made there. The factory y-pipe is pretty restrictive. Stainless would work just fine for your application. As for spark plug wires, 100k is still pretty much the standard. Only replace them earlier if they get damaged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts