Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the stance on my 69. Previously had 1-1/2" drop. Now with new multi-leaf springs, front coils and gas shocks. More of an assembly line correct height/stance now. What a difference it made in the ride, much more forgiving on the road. What do you guy's think?

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Perfect! I did the same recently. Replaced cut front coils with Moog 6308's and Edelbrock performance shocks with OEM replacement gas shocks. Night and day difference. No more rubs and much more pleasant ride.

Beautiful car Dom!

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Don, it sits perfectly. Very nice looking car. I love Garnet red.

Reactions: 68Tiger

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like that a lot. If I could ask, tire sizes and rims?
BF Goodrich Radial TA's.
Front 225/60/15 - Rear 235/60/15

No issues rubbing before or after. Thanks for the complements fellas! I do a ton of research on Team Camaro before I make any decisions. Everyone so far has been dead on for what I want. Your opinions and comments are researched by guy's like me more than you can imagine. BTW an added thanks to Hawkx66 (Dave a local guy) for going the extra mile to help me!

Reactions: HawkX66 and KJProX

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What leafs did you end up buying?
Thanks for the tire sizes. Are the rims 15 X 8's. Rally dish looks deeper then a 15 X 7.
The leafs are from Heartbeat City, 4 leafs OE Quality. Assembly line correct.

Not sure of the rim size and to be honest with you I don't know how to tell? If anyone wants to explain I would be more than happy to measure them.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Not sure of the rim size and to be honest with you I don't know how to tell? If anyone wants to explain I would be more than happy to measure them.
They look like 15X7s all around to me. A 235 tire would look stretched on an 8" wheel.

Dom,

If the wheels are the same all the way around, you most likely have 7" wheels. Short of taking the tires off to measure the width, GM wheels will be code stamped near the valve stem. Next time you take off the trim rings, snap a photo and you can decode the numbers. Lots of decoding help available here.

Again...I love the stance.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They look like 15X7s all around to me. A 235 tire would look stretched on an 8" wheel.

Dom,

If the wheels are the same all the way around, you most likely have 7" wheels. Short of taking the tires off to measure the width, GM wheels will be code stamped near the valve stem. Next time you take off the trim rings, snap a photo and you can decode the numbers. Lots of decoding help available here.

Again...I love the stance.
I figured that was probably the way to measure them but wasn't sure so I thought I would ask. PLUS I always like to educate myself based off of info from you guy's...like I said, in most cases your spot on! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Looks great. I have the same set up on my 69 Vert with Vette rallys. Eaton springs on the front NPD multi on the rear with Gabriel HD gas shocks for a stock height. Larger front sway bar and 1978 Trans Am steering box, SB automatic. . . .owned for 39 years! Maintained not restored!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts