Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just needed to share my new ride, i fianlly got my struts and ball joints installed in my car, i paid someone as i didnt wanna screw it up, but im am very pleased with the new Tighter softer ride, from what i saw the struts and ball joints i took out were the originals (84 camaro) new tires and alignment to follow and hopefully soon some fresh paint. this camaro is the best toy ive ever had, and i never get tired of it. well enough of that thanks for listening..

·
Registered
228 Posts
what's a strut ?

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im sure someone else can better explain this but a strut is quite similar to a shock absorber and they both do the same thing as i said im sure someone else can much beter explain it, i too would like to know the benefits of a strut as opposed to a shock

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Strut suspension eliminates the traditional upper control arm; the bottom body of the strut (which includes the shock) attaches to the top of the steering knuckle, and the top (which is the rod from the shock) attaches through a rubber mount to the body structure. The upper mount has a bearing in it so the strut can turn with the steering knuckle, and its location is adjustable to provide for caster and camber adjustment.

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

[This message has been edited by JohnZ (edited 09-26-2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.