Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This week has been one of the best for me in a while . 20 years ago a friend told me of a 396 out of a 69 Nova ss they had in a chicken coupe , so one cold day (we both worked nites) we went and looked at the motor and some old cars in the pasture. When I saw that engine I about fell over deep pulleys gm aluminum intake and a big holley with a chrome breather that said "396 375 ":yes:And it was real been there since 1970 , car was wrecked with 9,000 miles. But his dad was going to put it in a coupe. Just left it alone for 20 years and this summer I bought my dads 66ss396 back and ithas a radical 69 396 in it and I wanted a milder engine and I remembered that L78 setting in that shed. So I called my buddys dad up and we struck a deal but he had 4 old cars I had to haul off .

The old cars were a 58 Delray 2dr , 53 2dr chevy, 67 Impala , and a 69 Camaro with 5000 orig miles . They were setting in the same spot they were in 1990 ! The Camaro was bought new with a 327 4sp cortez silver , black vinal top ,black buckets . It had been a race car from day one . The 327 came out for a 427 and ran 5000 miles till the race track they ran at had a flagman killed and closed and the car got the engine and trans sold and sent to pasture. I have some pics I will post later.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Nice find! I don't know what your plans are for the Camaro, but if you're interested in selling my e:mail address is [email protected]. Send some pictures and give me the good and the bad. Also, what part of Kansas are you from? I grew up in Topeka and have relations in southeastern Kansas, close to Joplin, Missouri. Thanks, Casey

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Welcome to team camaro from a die hard chevelle guy also!! NICE FINDS AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU!! DONT TEASE US INCLUDE THE OTHER CARS IN THE PICS TOO!! LOVE THE DELRAY..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts