Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Corvette father here who kept his promise to his oldest son. Great story here goes!!! 16 years ago just before my son walk into his 1st day of school in kindergarden my son turn and said Dad if I get all A's on my tests and quiz and all report cards will ya BUY me a CAMARO on my 16TH birthday? LOL sure son I said you got a deal!!! Every test quiz and report card A's and honor roll! Son now in 10TH grade and after high school will attend Harvard. Jan 2008 started looking for thee car spent 6-8 hours a day on internet searching everywhere. Then like a bolt from heaven Chevy dealer in Wisconsin had a 1998 red camaro coupe 3.8 V6 auto 23,818 miles!!! ran carfax she was 1 owner and was like new bought it and had Fedex truck her to Texas. Now to set son up for delivery!!! I had him good he thought that I had got a donor to give a freightliner and trailor for his high school marching band son plays drums. He saw the truck parked on the marching band field site and thought nothing of any camaro!!! LOL when he saw that backdoor drop and on top was a red camaro he had one big smile on his face soo a father kept his promise!!! We will both be in n out of this site so HELLO to all guys and gals that love fine cars!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Great story, and no disrespect to Tom, but it sounds like his son did most of the work on this promise.. :D
11 years of A's, that's dedication.

All Tom had to do was be a great father for 16 years and write a check..
Good job Dad :thumbsup: you should be proud..
Congrats to both!!

BTW - did you offer a NEW Camaro convertible for straight A's through Harvard?

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
KEWL Story!! Great Dad!!

My sig is full of rides for my kiddos....I am chompin at the bit to let'em get dirty with me...:D

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
Congrats to both of you for keeping your ends of the bargain! I'm happy your son kept his passion for the Camaro for all those years. Good luck at Harvard and welcome!

Jeff

·
In the 10's Moderator
19,783 Posts
Great story.... tell him to keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Cograts Tom for keeping your promise and welcome aboard.

We did the same thing with my 17yrs old daughter but its a ( 2002 Mustang V-6 auto with 33,000 miles on it ) whats a dad going to do, my daughter likes Mustangs and my wife and i just got it for her 17yrs old birthday. Perfect for door dings, just kidding.

Joined the club Tom i love the story.....

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Glad to hear that your son has the dedication to stick with it like that. I am also glad you did not put him into an LS1 car for his first, not saying he would get into to trouble but it's insurance. The V-6 is more than enough for him right now, gets good MPG and has all the looks. It should last him along time with those low miles it has.

·
Super Moderator
32,346 Posts
Excellent grades deserve an excellent reward. Congrats to the both of you, especially the son for 11 years and more, since going to Harvard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts