Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,

Brief history...
I have been a Camaro owner off and on my entire life. My first car purchased when I was 14 was a 1977 Type LT that my Dad and I rebuilt into a daily driver. Many an adventure was had....

Later on I cycled through various models of 3rd Gen RS, 4th Gen Z28....

I have recently acquired from my 75 year old father his 1967 SS. This car was purchased by my Uncle brand new off the lot in '67. He owned it until the mid 80's when he sold it to my dad. My dad owned and drove the car until the mid 90's when an electrical fire under the hood put it off the road.

He disassembled the car, stored it and all the original parts for 10 years before he started to put it back together. Unfortunately for him, he lost the drive to complete the restoration. I have taken up the torch.

I am now the 3rd owner of this car that has been in the family since it was brand new, we have all the original equipment, block, trans, etc.....

I am just now starting down the road to put this back together.

Thanks in advance...

·
In the 10's Moderator
19,783 Posts
Welcome to TC, get some pics up when you can :beers:

·
Premium Member
19,550 Posts
Welcome to the site John. It’s great you have been able to keep the 67 in family since it was new. If you have any vintage pictures of the car, we would love to see you post them in the "Original Owners" thread, in the Bench Racing section.

Hope the floods hasn’t effected you in Bettendorf.

Roger

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Welcome to the site, John. Neat story. Good luck on getting it back on the road!

·
Super Moderator
32,340 Posts
Welcome, John, to the forum.
I wish you luck in your next journey.
Fellow Iowan here also, until USN enlistment, then out here since 1972.
I read Marshall with Iowa state and was thinking of Marshall County, IA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts