Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im new here, wanted to introduce myself and my car and ask a few questions.

Name is Kyle, i just bought a 1968 Camaro from a buddy of mine.

Engine is a 337. 11:1 compression, Rods, Forged Dome Pistons, Stock heads with 2.02 intake valves and springs and all, Monster street cam. Shes back with a TCI Street Fighter TH400 with a 3800 Stall and a GM 12 Bolt with Posi Trac and 4.56's.

Car was set up to go on the strip and run nitrous.

My plan is to maybe pull the heads and go with an aftermarket head that will flow better and drop my compression slightly so i dont have to open the bottom end. I want to get to around 9:1 compression and then slap a full Procharger system on it. Was considering selling the engine as is and building a 408ci for the Procharger.

A few concerns i have is with the driveline. I want this car to be relatively street-able so im planning on maybe dropping a 2500-2800 Stall convertor and 3.73's with the above set up. Figure i can still put power to the ground but wouldnt kill me on fuel.

Interior will be staying stock appearing. Want to run the Dakota Digital analog looking gauge cluster as it gives modern gauges but doesnt give me full digital as i think it looks weird in these cars personally. Will try to find some good looking buckets to maybe run harnesses and hide a decent stereo in the glove box or in the console with some good speakers and some sound deadener.

Exterior will say relatively basic, maybe some minitubs to allow for some decent rubber, Some black centered Torq Thrust wheels and some decent tires like a Nitto 555. Car is getting painted gloss black as we speak.

Overall im excited to be a member of this community and hear from you guys. This is my first classic and my first Chevy as my family has always been Ford but when it comes to pre 72 muscle im not brand specific. They are all awesome.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Welcome! Sounds interesting.

Keep posting updates! Pics too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill get some pictures as it sits this weekend. Shes in flat black primer. Been sitting a few years in a climate controlled garage. Engine has 3K miles on it, trans has 1K miles. Im excited.

·
Super Moderator
32,605 Posts
Welcome, Kyle.
Correct year and you've been gigged for pictures.
Any time slips in the glovebox?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Kyle, You can also price a 200R or 700R transmission and lockout torque converter instead of changing rear gears. Do you know the camshaft specs, it would help when ordering a stall converter.

·
19,895 Posts
Congrats on the correct year ;) :beers:

Welcome to TC.

I do not know of a head swap that would make that big of a change in comp (11:1->9:1)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts