Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Ed Wallace from Ga.. I have just purchased a 67 coupe that I found on this site. The car has drum brakes. I have done conversions on other cars in the past so I have the tech knowledge for the swap. However while searching for conversions have seen alot of 2" drop spindles and I wondering in doing a drop will this hinder tire and wheel options. I am considering either 16" front with 17" rear or 17" front with 18" rear. Thanks to Team Camaro your site has been extremely helpful.

·
Retired
16,004 Posts
Wecome to TC Ed. you might want to post your question in the Suspension section where those guru's hang out. This is the Welcome area and a good place to show pics of your car and a little about yourself. New guy buys the :beers:

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Ed:

First off - WELCOME to Team CAMARO :hurray:

Next - here is a link to David Pozzi's excellent personal web site that is chock-a-block full of information on how to make one of these 1st Gen. Camaro's handle like a 'slot-car' :thumbsup:
Link - http://www.pozziracing.com/brakes.htm#Converting_Drums_to_Discs
If you 'Google' David Pozzi you will find the Home Page and additional links to other info on his Camaro racing projects.

David is also the moderator of the Suspension & Brakes forum page that "click" (Jim) above refered you to.

Oh, and please visit the Tag Team forum and post your car's numbers if you would so the CRG guys can record the data for their records.
Here is a link to their site with loads of info on your car and it's options - www.camaros.org

Looking forward to your input in the forums;
John M.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome Ed ,lots of good info. on that, and good kits already have all you need to do a sweet clean job ,shop around for the best buy,Try Matts classic bowties http://www.mattsclassicbowties.com/,good folks got the kits good price's ....maybe something closer to home,do a search for 1st gen disc brake conv.Good luck and always Happy Motoring

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome Ed to the site. Glad to have you aboard. :beers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts