Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a proportioning valve for a 69 camaro.Its the round type located on the left side of master cyl. Having a hard time locating one,was this used on any thing other than camaro? thanks

·
10,164 Posts
Do a search of the archives in the brake and suspension section.
Use the "Search" link, upper right of this page.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Chev 350 Can-Am Vintage Racer

[This message has been edited by davidpozzi (edited 09-30-2001).]

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David I'll give it a try

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok Thanks

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not sure if Email is going thru ?????????

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello,
Just wanted to let you know , you don't need that valve. I struggled over this and locating one , there are at least three that look similar but have the mounting holes and threaded hole for the line reversed. then there is a small one , and the large one that you usually see.

If you just rebend , change the line nut & reflare that short line to go from the metering block to the master and leave this valve out , the brakes will work the same and work fine.

I done my car this way (also some cars came with disks , but without this valve , so it's not mandatory) and the brakes are fantastic.

Just to let you know where I'm coming from , I used to work and manage two Midas shops and have done & bled literally over a 1000 brake jobs , so I know what a correct pedal feels like. There's no degradation to the system by not having this valve.

Let me know if you want a pic of my master & metering block area.

Brian

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info Brian,sounds like something to think about.I already have all new stainless lines for this application,valve was gone when i bought the car,was wanting to make it look like its supposed to.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found what I needed a mile from home. Thanks to all for the help.

·
Registered
505 Posts
You didnt state wether you had disc or drum brakes. 4-wheel drum brakes require no fluid pressure proportion. The guy that said it's not needed is correct as far, but see how often you go through front brake pads..

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have front dics brakes only.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts