Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang. I'm going to look at, and possibly buy, a 67 Camaro RS/SS tomorrow if it is legit.I came here for knowledge and guidance oh obe one. The data tag says it's a 2EMG, 3SL, 4P. It's a project. I just want to know if it's an RS/SS before I buy and put time and money into it. I'm not an expert, but I wasn't sure if they put power glides in SS cars.
Thanks
Tod

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Hi gang. I'm going to look at, and possibly buy, a 67 Camaro RS/SS tomorrow if it is legit ... came here for knowledge and guidance ...
The data tag says it's a 2EMG, 3SL, 4P. It's a project. I just want to know if it's an RS/SS before I buy ...
... wasn't sure if they put power glides in SS cars.
Thanks
Tod
First, welcome to Team CAMARO :beers:

And from just the few numbers from the Cowl Tag you listed we can 'confirm' that it (or at least that Cowl Tag) designates it as an RS/SS when assembled.

Decode would be:
Group 2 options;
E = RPO-C60 Air Conditioning system
M = RPO-M35 PowerGlide Automatic transmission :yes: they put them in SS's
G = RPO-D55 Console mounted shifter
Group 3 options;
S = RPO-Z23 Interior Décor - Custom Interior
L = RPO-Z22 Rally Sport package option
Group 4 options;
P = Engine Option Reinforcement or Radius Rod Modification ( read http://www.camaros.org/radiusrod.shtml for more info on this)

Looks like a nice base for a project if it's in decent condition.

Oh .. and if it happens to be a Tahoe Turquoise on Black w/Black top, that's been in SoCal nearly it's whole life, I just might have owned it back in the 70's :cool:
Lost track of it in the 90's ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vintage68, funny you should ask. The car is an L-L code Tahoe Turquoise, however it has been painted butternut yellow. This car has been in Texas for 10+ years.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
This wouldn't by chance be the 67 Tahoe Turquoise car that just showed up in the classifieds on here would it ... :confused:

I always loved that color & combo with the Black Interior/Top/Stripes makes fr a killer look :thumbsup:
Been on the lookout for another to do someday, I've already got the drivetrain ...

·
Premium Member
19,676 Posts
Yes they put power-glide transmissions in SS cars. Be sure the car has a 12 bolt differential, you can tell if two bottom bolts are horizontal of each other. The engine should be a 350 or larger with chrome valve covers. The SS hood should have two grills on top. The RS option should have exterior chrome trim, lights below both front and rear bumpers and hideaway headlights.

Good luck with your project and welcome to the site.

Roger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome and good luck! Let us know if we can help! I am your Alabama Neighbor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts