Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already been posting on some of the boards, but thought I would pop in here to say Hello to All.
My car is a 1979 Camaro Sport Coupe-Now becoming a Z28 Clone once I get it all dressed up and finished.
Engine is going to be a 400 small block.
Turbo 350 Automatic Transmission.
Headers with dual 2.5" exhaust dumped at the rear axles. Glass Pack mufflers.
Car has 80K actual miles and I found it over in Georgia where it had sat its last 8 years in a barn. No Rust. Paint still looks great. Door pins and bushings are even still good with no droop.
Gears are the stock 2.41's with open carrier. Thats going to change real soon though. Shooting for some 3.43's.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Hello and welcome from OHIO. Nice car. :yes:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome Jim! Glad to have you aboard :waving:

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Nice ride! Looks to be in fine shape :thumbsup: Welcome!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, we need to try and get together sometime and try to get a local Camaro meet set up...:thumbsup:
I am hoping to have my motor in the 79 and back on the road by the second weekend of March. I am also working with my 18 yr. old son on a 84 Camaro. We are putting a 383 stroker in it and trying to get it ready by April 1st for its trial run at the Baileyton Goodtime Dragstrip here in Cullman.:D
Welcome ! Nice car.... It's great to see another Bama camaro fan on here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all. I really like this website and everyone has already been very helpful to me with much advice on my engine build. I'll keep everyone updated on my progress as I go along.
Hopefully, I will have some pics soon of my sons 84 Camaro also with the 383 stroker sitting in it.:yes:

Jim C.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts