Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But Ive been around Camaros my whole life.

I'm 43 YO and am currently working on a ground up restoration of my 71. I started with a good solid car and have since torn it down to an empty shell. The subframe is back together with Tubular uppers and lowers QA-1 coil over shocks, wilwood 4 piston disc, GW stab bar. I put an eaton posi with 3.42 gears and alloy axles with SSB rear disc's.
The engine is fresh and I have started it while sitting in the sub frame. I will share a vid that you all might enjoy.
The engine is a 454 out of a 73 Suburban. I had the block prepped and bored 0.030. Stuffed a CC DEH 265 in it and put a set of RR on the fresh stock iron heads. with a Weiand intake and Hedman headers getting fed from a tuned q-jet.

I like posting pics and have been an active member of NastyZ28.com for several years now. pdq67 invited me over here. give him a pat on the back for the promoting of this site.:beers:

Greetings all,
Mark

WTH I know ya all want pics sooo. with no further ado I pulled the engine last thursday night to prep for final assembly and got a few pics while I was doing it. I made a slideshow just for fun:

I recently bought a 2001 to use as a daily driver and prety much neutered the resto budget but made life a lil funner(the commute anyway).
I have literaly thousands of pics of the various phases of my project to date and I like making slideshows. Heres a couple I have done recently:

Here is my work shop I built:

To do the restoration in. I built in an overhead trolly hoist and had some fun with it as you saw in the vid.

How is that for an introduction????

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Mark, welcome aboard! I enjoyed it as well :waving:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome Mark from Southwest Florida! Enjoyed the slide show. That's some nice setup you've got there and the girls are beautiful by the way. Keep posting the pics and good luck with your project. Bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
hey Mark , you copied my intro when I first came here as well ... mine was just like yours.... LOL j/k .. that was aweasome. I loved the first one ..! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car wash crew is for hire Jim but you have to live close by;)
Here is some fun starting my BBC:

Thanks for the welcome redfox and Everett,,

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Welcome Mark. I have spent some time in Mariposa in the past. Great little town. My mother's cousin was the sherriff there 35 years ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts