Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm here and I guess my only description is an 18 yr old guy who's utterly obsessed with the Chevy Camaro.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Welcome !!! Glad to see a young addict join the club....:thumbsup: You'll need to carry the banner when the "older" crew no longer can...:yes:

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Hello and welcome to this site. :beers:

·
Super Moderator
32,348 Posts
utterly obsessed with the Chevy Camaro.
Welcome to the Club! You didn't say what year or generation. Of course, it doesn't matter and it won't degrade you from obtaining an education of either generation.

We are here to help and learn from others. You can teach an old dog new tricks, ask others here.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Welcome!! It's nice to see a younger guy wanting to be involved with the hobby. We have to get the next generation interested, or when us old farts die off, our cars will be sitting in a museum. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Welcome Corry! :D To be honest I'm not crazy about your TC name but to each their own I guess....:) If you have a Camaro, post some pictures of it, if not, tell us what you want for you first camaro....:)

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome Corry. Enjoy your stay here on Team Camaro. It's nice to see a younger Camaro enthusiast out there such as yourself. :waving:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have a Camaro at this exact moment, I'm working on getting one. I've been through so many offers trying to get what I want so amny times and something going wrong, it's not even funny. lol...

I had an offer for a perfect condition '72 RS/SS Camaro with a 350 by, manual transmission for $4900... well, the woman lived in Germany and wouldn't contact me except for email... so I wasn't exactly comfortable with sending her $4900 and not getting a car... lol.

Here's a pic of the '72...

The other offer was for a '67 RS/SS 350 v8 with a 4-speed manual transmission for $2900... well, the guy was a prick and wouldn't meet me anywhere so I never bought that either... lol

And here's a pic of the '68...

I've been trying to find a '67-'73 Camaro for a decent price. I'm not worried about it being in PERFECT condition or anything, but I don't want a rust bucket either... but it also needs to run. I can't really spend more than 5-6 grand though... so I'm kind of in a bind. If any of you think you can help me find a deal somewhere, please let me know.

As far as my name "DyingYoung" goes... it's just a name I got a few years back with video games and such and it's just kinda stuck so I use it everywhere.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Obviously we don't know the details of either car above, how you found them and how the correspondence was handled, but I think most of us would agree that at those prices, both cars were part of some part of a SCAM.

Scams involving the buying and selling of these cars (and cars over the Internet in general) are getting more and more prevalent. Generally, if you see an ad for a car in the condition of either of the cars above and the purchase prices is less than 10K, suspect scam.

Search "scam" or "Scammer" on here and you should get quite a few threads telling what to look for, or you can always just post up here. Don't get taken!!

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
An SS/RS 67 that runs and drives and looks like the black car above could easily be 10X the price of $2,900 if it's an original car and not a scam.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was thinking the first one was a scam considering what all had been done to the interior... but the second, I'm not sure. Something told me it wasn't a scam... maybe that's because I was going to go to where the car sat to buy it in person... lol.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
If both cars look as good as the pictures you couldn't touch either one for those prices so i would say it's a scam. By looking at the pictures i'd say at least $15000.00 would be more like it.:yes:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, the first one I was thinking it was a scam, but the second one... I could easily drive to where the car was... so I was planning on doing that, but the seller just stopped talking to me.

This is why I thought the first was a scam... lol... you've seen the exterior...look at the interior...

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Corry, the second one is a SCAM too......that is why the seller stopped communicating with you.. There is NO WAY you would get the black 67 for less than 20k if it was a legitamit sale. These jerks will NEVER agree to let anyone see the car in person....most the time they don't even own it....they just download a pic of a nice car and then start "phishing" for a sucker to send them money. PLEASE....don't fool yourself into thinking you can get a car like that for a bargain.....we have seen too many of these scams to be fooled.

Post anything you find here for opinions before plunking down your hard earned cash. We may be overly skeptical, but better safe than sorry. If the car isn't near you, put up a post for a member in the area where the car is to go look at it. If the seller WON'T agree to it being seen in person.....forget it !!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I understand what you guys are saying... lol. I'm just saying that I was going to try and see if it was a scam because I was near the car. lol.

But thanks for your help, guys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts