Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lookingat buying a car that previously had a vinyl top. All the trim work is still there, but the car has been repainted and the vinyl top is gone.

What does it typically cost to put on a new vinyl top, and can it be done now that the top has been painted? I would think the paint would help protect under the top better than no paint.

Thanks.

·
Registered
540 Posts
What does it typically cost to put on a new vinyl top, and can it be done now that the top has been painted? I would think the paint would help protect under the top better than no paint.

Thanks.
I had my vinyl top installed in the fall of 2005. Yes, they definately wanted it painted underneath. No need for any pricey paint on it though,,, a cheap enamel based paint was recommended by my paint jobber (black or white, whatever is cheapest).

I gave the topshop the car with all molding holes predrilled, and ready to go. The installer applied the vinyl, installed the molding studs (replacement "screw" type), and then popped on all the vinyl top molding. I supplied all the materials needed (vinyl top, studs, moldings). Final cost was $225. I had also priced the job at a another shop, and they quoted $300.

so, I'd say you'll be in the $250-$300 range.... at least that's the rate I found around here.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
The cost is to install a vinyl top is $250 here in Virginia if you remove the old top, adhesive and moldings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts