Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, just added new wheels and tires. Here is what I ordered and installed:
Coker-VWW V45 wheels, Continental Extreme Contact tires
Front - 17 x 8, 4.75" BS, 235-45-17
Rear - 17 x 9, 5.5" BS, 255-45-17
Stock suspension, no rubbing in rear or front.
Looks cool, not "blingy", just the right amount of new and "old".

FYI....the Coker wheels have a screw on center cap, using 5-4mm screws. Most were missing. The tapped holes are not really tapped well. The holes were full of machining junk. The screws, if you drive them in, will likely seize or break. I cleaned out the holes, re-tapped/chased the threads, and bought SS 4mm SHCS. Worked perfectly. These are Chinese wheels, and having traveled far, they arrived in fine shape. I love the look.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Cool! Photos?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give it a try...

·
Premium Member
1968 Z28 Camaro
68 Posts
Hey folks, just added new wheels and tires. Here is what I ordered and installed:
Coker-VWW V45 wheels, Continental Extreme Contact tires
Front - 17 x 8, 4.75" BS, 235-45-17
Rear - 17 x 9, 5.5" BS, 255-45-17
Stock suspension, no rubbing in rear or front.
Looks cool, not "blingy", just the right amount of new and "old".

FYI....the Coker wheels have a screw on center cap, using 5-4mm screws. Most were missing. The tapped holes are not really tapped well. The holes were full of machining junk. The screws, if you drive them in, will likely seize or break. I cleaned out the holes, re-tapped/chased the threads, and bought SS 4mm SHCS. Worked perfectly. These are Chinese wheels, and having traveled far, they arrived in fine shape. I love the look.
I want a lift in my garage!!! Sweeeeet.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since I have Old-timers....I think I remember I paid about $3600-Installed. This was in late 2018. And thanks for the compliments!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I like those wheels as well. I went with the V40's at 15 x 7 and the BFG's. I wasn't a fan of their caps so I changed them after a while to the American Racing caps I had.

1969Z28Camaro.jpg

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gary, very nice look! I too wanted the V40's but they were back ordered until November, so I switched to V45's. By November, the snow flies, and the car is put away...

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I like those wheels as well. I went with the V40's at 15 x 7 and the BFG's. I wasn't a fan of their caps so I changed them after a while to the American Racing caps I had.
I like these a lot better than Torque Thrust II's and have been looking at the V40's and V45's for my '68.
Your using American Racing caps has confirmed I could use the "flat cap" that I like.
Still need need to figure out if a 16x7 and 16x8 would fit over 98-02 LT1 brakes.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A word of caution on any VWW cap...you will need to carefully check the 4mm threads that hold the caps on. Mine were loaded with junk and would not accept a screw, so I re-tapped/cleaned up the holes and bought some 4mm Stainless SHC screws....worked great!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
A word of caution on any VWW cap...you will need to carefully check the 4mm threads that hold the caps on. Mine were loaded with junk and would not accept a screw, so I re-tapped/cleaned up the holes and bought some 4mm Stainless SHC screws....worked great!
Yep. Had the same issue, ended up doing that as well. Seem the screws were wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts