Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a new front headlight, engine and main under dash harness. Put the battery back in to test and I'm getting absolutely nothing. Battery shows 12.5 volts. Turn the key and nothing. Purple is on S terminal. I'm getting 12.5 at the starter. I do have the dash cluster out of the car and the instrument plug is not connected. I don't think that has anything to do with it. Seems strange that the headlights won't even come on. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
32,909 Posts
Grounds attached?

Follow red 10 AWG from firewall up to ign switch, should be a crimp pigtail going to headlamp switch from same wire.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
I would look at the main power feed. It runs from a screw lug on the horn relay over to the junction block by the battery, and the lil pigtail off the battery cable should be connected there too. It's detailed with pics in the "what it is, where it is" sticky.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim - you're unbelievable! That was it. I had forgotten to re-connect the horn relay.
One other question, now the interior lights stay on (console and the under dash) is that a ground thing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts