Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased three new harnesses and I'm wondering how difficult they are to install. I've got a new main under dash, engine and front harness. Anyone have any tips? I've got the AIM, but it's difficult to follow along. Any tips are appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
68 engine wiring harness w/ console guages

ok - I've got most of them figured out, but i'm still not sure about why i have 20y (not for wiper motor). I believe this should be 18brn for oil pressure. I also have a 20 w/ppl and y (which I think belongs on the coil). Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Scott, I merged your 2 posts into one, seem to be the same subject.

Exactly what harness did you buy, from what manufacturer?

The stock engine harness has a yellow wire from the outer stud on the starter solenoid to the + terminal on the coil.

The oil sender wire is brown, coil resister wire white fabric, blower motor orange, starter solenoid inside terminal purple (maybe with white stripe?) but itsa big one, like 12 or 10 guage.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi jim,

Yes, this is basically the same. I bought these harnesses from Ricks which I believe is American Autowire (sometimes referred to as factory fit). Speaking strictly on the engine harness (seems easiest to start with) there is a purple and yellow which i suspect both go to the solenoid. There is a yellow and white, ppl, and tan (think it's tan) looks like a resistor wire with a small horse shoe clip at the end. I'm assuming that's going to the coil? This harness also has a yellow jumped on both ends that I believe connect to the wiper motor, the AIM (page 173) shows that as LBL?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Before you keep chasing your tail on here, I suggest you call American Autowire. 800-482-9473, punch in extension 26, and you'll get Ray. AAW has excellent tech support, and can answer your questions exactly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow. Those guys are great! They went through each wire with me and told me exactly where each one goes. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts