Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Brent, and I live in Washington. My dad and I have a '67 Camaro that I drag race just for fun (haven't gotten into points racing or anything). I am currently away at college though, so I only got to race a couple times last year. Anyway, the car has a SB 350, 10.5:1 compression, street legal slicks, fiberglass hood, inner fender wells removed, electric fan/water pump, alternator removed. It's fastest time last year was 11.84 @ 112mph in the 1/4 mile. It has a full carpet interior and the stock seats (passenger one is removed now). I came here hoping to find some info about the best way to swap to disc brakes. Here are some pics.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome Brent. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Nice car! :waving:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Welcome bro - you'll find tons of info on a full disc swap. Use the search feature first and everyone will stay happy :)

Again, welcome - from a fellow PNW Camaro guy!

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Hello and welcome. :yes: Nice car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Washingtonian :beers: .
Nice car, is that first pic from Bremerton or are they all from Pacific? I've spent many hours at both. Were lucky to have a couple tracks so close by, and up in Canada too.
I don't recognize the car but I'll keep an eye out for it now :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Brent,
Welcome aboard; nice pics--- thanks for sharring. One of the guys on here is planning a car show at the Silverdale Home Depot in late spring, I think, so maybe all of us team camaro "northwesteners" can meet up there or at the All Chevy/Camaro Show at XXX in Issaquah or one of the GM shows out at Frontier Park in Graham. Welcome to the team. Charlie 69 RS, Edmonds

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Brent,
Welcome aboard; nice pics--- thanks for sharring. One of the guys on here is planning a car show at the Silverdale Home Depot in late spring, I think, so maybe all of us team camaro "northwesteners" can meet up there or at the All Chevy/Camaro Show at XXX in Issaquah or one of the GM shows out at Frontier Park in Graham. Welcome to the team. Charlie 69 RS, Edmonds

Do you have a date on these shows? I would love to come down and see the all chevy/camaro show.:yes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome. I spent about an hour searching all the disc brake threads, and I think I have the info I need.

Both pictures I posted are from Pacific Raceways, but I have ran Bremerton a couple times, but it has been a couple years since I have been over there.

I am going to school over at Central, but I am moving to Lynnwood in June. The car is at my dad's house down around Olympia though, so I'll have to see about making the car shows. Lately I have been working every weekend, so I haven't had much time to do anything. Hopefully I will be able to make it to the track more this summer though.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
James, the All Chevy/Camaro Show at XXX in Issaquah is set for Sunday July 8th (should be on your don't miss list), there is a GM Swap Meet in Graham on Saturday June 16th and an All Chevy Show/Picnic in Graham on July 21st. We'll all have to follow up for info on the Silverdale Home Depot Show that one of our tc members was working to put together. Charlie

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Brent, I just watched that video and that was pretty cool! Glad to see the old man still has the jump on you! Next time, ask your friend with the video camera to use a tripod, I'm still a little sea sick! Charlie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts