Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good amount of knowledge with the 4th gen. camaro but soon to be picking up a 1st gen. and build her up with an LS1/T56 swap. Located in the bay area of Northern Cali. Still trying to figure out what body style I want. :D

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
68. No doubt. If you get a 67 the wing windows might hurt you. They are pretty deadly on those 67's.
A 68 because 69's, everyone and their grandma has one and dont want a 67 cause we dont want you getting hurt.

l:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya although i do like the body style of a '69 the best and could always remove the wings on the '67

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
I don't mean to start a range war...but Harley has the right take on this...go with the middle "kid".

capt

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I don't mean to start a range war...but Harley has the right take on this...go with the middle "kid".

capt
Yeah, no one likes a range war Capt :noway: but did ever consider what the 5th Gen Camaro was is being developed after?

Plus read this article..

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archiv...t-camaro-concept/chevrolet-camaro-concept.php

Quote "The 1969 Camaro, considered by many to be the best first-generation design, was a significant inspiration." :yes::beers:

Honestly, good luck on any First Gen you choose....

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Welcome to the site:waving:, and glade to see your looking at a first gen. Now as far as which 1st gen to get is another story. Don't mind Joe or Harley, Harley's always afraid of poking an eye out or chipping a nail you know how girls can be.:rolleyes: And well Joe still believes everything he reads no matter what idiot wrote it. I mean after all GM has been trying to improve on perfection since the beginning.:D
:bow::bow:67's RULE:bow::bow:
PS-I'm just kidding guys.:thumbsup: Harley started it.:boxing:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Quote "The 1969 Camaro, considered by many to be the best first-generation design, was a significant inspiration." :yes::beers:

Honestly, good luck on any First Gen you choose....
There's was a quote from Ed Welburn in Motor Trend about two years ago saying that his favorite thing about the 5th gen prototype was the square guages down on the console like a "1967". The people bringing you the 5th gen don't know the differences between 67/68/69, and they don't know a dang thing about usability of driver controls and instrumentation.

68's still rule though (even if their gauges suck).

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Well its seems like your getting a first class welcome to the site ! Why choose ,just buy as many of all three years as you can afford. I just love them all. :yes:

:secret: pssst I even like the birds ;)

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
OK, Rr, here's what ya do. And I don't think this has been done before? Buy a '67... square out the wheels wheels, install the '69 grill and gills, put in the '68 side signal lights and stagger the rear shocks... and there you have it... the best of all three years!

Little tongue in cheek here, guys!:)

capt

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I don't know Ted I can agree with starting with the 67 rs and changing to the 69 rs grill.:yes: While you at it you may as well add the cowl hood and whale tail. And absolutely on the multi leafs and staggered shocks,:thumbsup: but why would you ever want to add cheesy side marker lights to the clean body lines of a 67.:confused:
Kinda reminds me of Johnny Cash's "One Piece at a Time" song.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Harley, does "tongue in cheek" ring a bell? Just pulling chains!:)

It's been a great day up here... wonder how "Keypilot" is doing now... down in paradise?

capt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well its seems like your getting a first class welcome to the site ! Why choose ,just buy as many of all three years as you can afford. I just love them all. :yes:

:secret: pssst I even like the birds ;)
if i had the $$$ i would... although in a sense of all the generations

...but the '69 is just to irresistable... if im gonna be doing a project for a car that's gonna be with me for a lifetime i would like to start out with what i want

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am certain you would love any first gen. They all have their pro's and con's. Look for any and buy what catches your eye the most.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts