Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site from Houston. I don't have a Camaro but do have a 69bird as of now.

Brandon

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Welcome to the TC Crew, Brandon.

The '69 Bird is a first cuz to the Cam...close enough. :thumbsup: Share some photos down the way, eh?

capt

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure it is worthy of pics!!! It is going to be a long project to get it even close to getting back on the road. This was taken sat as I loaded it up on the trailer. This was the first time it has moved it 30 years.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Hard to tell with just the one pic...looks like it need more than just a cut and polish.

Take a few more phtos down the road of the interior, engine area and trunk. Sad to see how some treat the old stuff that could be gems today.

capt

·
Super Moderator
32,358 Posts
Welcome to the Club, Rugby.
Nice patina for 30 years.
Tires only flat on the bottom...........
Just don't drive it in the rain or at night.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi mate I'm new here as well I was in a simalar spot was given a 69 camaro and was in pretty bad shape got a local guy to help me with the rust repair and then shipped it to Australia it took some cash but one of the most enjoyable things I've done have worked on smaller builds in Aussie had nothing to do with camaro so lotto learn love these cars if u like doin the work it's great and I feel like I saved a great car from the wreckers will try get some before afters pics on good luck

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Welcome aboard Brandon. Birds always welcome here too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the thread about is it worth fixing has me movaited to work on it. it will be a slow process.

thanks every one.

Brandon

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The plan as of right now is to replace the floors and one qtr panel. There is a thread in the body shop section with some pics. As far as motor I am thinking of staying with the Pontiac 350 that's in it and find an overdrive trans. I am still up in the air about the suspension. I will probly just rebuild the stock stuff with a slight drop. I would love to do coil overs and tubluer control arms but I will never get this car on a track. I want it to be a good driver so I can do the hotrod power tour one year. One thing I do plan to add is power brakes. It is a factory Ac car with power steering but no power breaks.

That's the jist of it for now.

Brandon

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Check for pm, Rich...let me know, eh?

capt

You've got mail Ted.... :yes:

The plan as of right now is to replace the floors and one qtr panel. There is a thread in the body shop section with some pics. As far as motor I am thinking of staying with the Pontiac 350 that's in it and find an overdrive trans. I am still up in the air about the suspension. I will probly just rebuild the stock stuff with a slight drop. I would love to do coil overs and tubluer control arms but I will never get this car on a track. I want it to be a good driver so I can do the hotrod power tour one year. One thing I do plan to add is power brakes. It is a factory Ac car with power steering but no power breaks.

That's the jist of it for now.

Brandon

Brandon,

Sounds like a good plan & I appreciate the fact you are keep it Poncho Powered. Let me know if you decide to do something to suspension. Keep the pics coming on the body post too!:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts