Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, but been lurking for a while just absorbing everyone's experience. I look forward to comments and guidedance along the way.

After 10 years of storage at the in-laws, we finally brought the camaro home to begin a restoration.

Hopefully I won't bore too many of you, but kind of a cool story with the car. My father in-law bought the car for my wife when she was 16 and they did a mechanical restoration and put fresh paint job on it. They did put a lot new sheet metal on it, but only what they could afford at the time. The guy they purchased the car off of was the original owner, and I actually spoke with him a couple of weeks ago. Neat to hear of what dealer the car was bought from and what it looked like rolling off the lot.

The car is a 67 RS and was orignally a 4-speed car with a 327. It was nantucket blue with a black vinyl top. They removed the vinyl top and painted the car black which is what it is today.

Started the disassembly and have it pretty stripped down already, but not in a big hurry and just enjoying the process. Final plan is somewhat of a moving target, but I have time. I will start a thread and post some pictures.

·
Registered
120 Posts
How could we get bored when talking Camaro! Take your time taking it apart, bag and tag everything. Welcome aboard

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Welcome to team camaro!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts