Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

New to this forum but not forums in general. forums have been the greatest asset to me in rebuilding both of our 1966, 1968 Mustangs (I know...BOO!) and my CJ7. I have just purchased a 1967 Camaro Coupe, 327, factory air, deluxe interior, power steering, rear defroster and a few other options. This is my retirement present from my wife. We got it for a steal and it appraised at $22-$25K. It got mostly Bs and a few Cs on the appraisal. The car is an all original, untouched Camaro. Even the Marina Blue paint is original and in great drivable shape. I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum and gleaning some great advice from all you experts in the Camaro. Thanks ahead of time.
The car does have one problem that is killing me. I have already ordered all of the wiring diagrams and build book. However, the A/C is always on. I know according to the owners manual it should be except in the "OFF" position on the top slide bar. My car continues to blow COLD air while in park and the slide to "OFF". Anyone know what fixes this??? I'll post on the tech side if I don't hear anything. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Chris, does it feel like the slider bar in the control is actually connected to anything? It is a common problem in the non-a/c 67-68 controllers for one or more of the slider arms to break (they are just thin pot metal), and you may or may not notice they are broken (they don't flop, they're just really easy to move).

And welcome to Team Camaro! Hoooah! (It's been a while since I worked at Campbell, so I don't know if I spelled that right)

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Hey Chris Welcome . I was stationed at Fort Benning in the mid 70"S AIT ,AirBorne and Ranger Schools . anyways if the bar isnt broken it actavates a switch allso the switch could be broken .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric,
The slider bar seems tight and it moves between vent, hot and cold with some resistance and it even makes that sucking sound between vent and cold. It just won't work in the "off" position. I didn't see any broken parts on the back of the panel. I'll check again, maybe I missed something. Thanks!
Oh, you spelled HOOAH right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts