Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.
New guy saying hi. Was just given my mother-in-law's 1967 which is really more of a rescue. She's had it since early '68 and I think this is the first time it's been in a garage!
So now begins the debate, "to save, or not to save." That opens up a whole new can of worms, like "restore" or "custom". It's got a cooky history to begin with. Like I said, had it since '68, bought it from a dealer who got it back from a little old lady type who realized she bought too much car after 9 months.
Interesting thing is, it has a vinyl top, when the paint code on the trim tag says it shouldn't, and the weirdest thing of all is the SS badging and stripe when EVERYTHING on God's green Earth says it's NOT (327 engine and code, BIG TIP OFF). Broke my wife's mom to tell her.
Anyway, will be looking for tips/advice as I tackle...or rather...pay someone with the know-how to tackle this monster.

·
Registered
166 Posts
First off - welcome to the best Camaro site on the web! I have been checking in for years and have learned way more than I would have on my own. The good thing is that you got a Camaro with a known history. That will make a lot of the detective work easy. Once you get the facts staight you'll probably end up like the rest of us, wanting to know every detail that is posible. You first need to determin weather you want to get it back to the way she came out or customize it. That happens to be a personnal preference. A lot of people will tell you that if it was in fact an SS then put it back to one. on the other hand if its not then do what you want. I believe that if some thing can be put back without much effort and it will improve the safety of the vehicle/people riding inside then make that change. It took me about 12 years to change the front brakes over to dics and now I wont live without them. The problem with that is or with my case is you'll have to make more shelf room to keep all the original stuff. Send pictures of the condition and a lot of good people on this site can walk you through alotof it. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro! When you have time, post some pictures of the camaro...we would love to see it...:)

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome jlb307: Yes determon the overall condition and were you want to go ,take your time ,do your homework set a plan...Above all have fun ....you are at the right place ....Good luck and Happy Motoring

·
Registered
748 Posts
Welcome,jlb307,pictures please post some pictures we would all love to see this one. what ever you deside to do with the car is entirely up to you wether it be stock or modified,first gen camaros are tops in my book no matter how you build them:thumbsup: You most definately want to go to the super chevy show this year @ maple grove , only minutes away from sinkink springs.Lots of first gens to look at and a huge midway where you can browse or purchase parts for your new project,tons of new and used stuff. I'll be there again this year , can't wait. Well enough babbeling , gotta get ready to watch the game. Again welcome to team camaro. GO EAGLE'S.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Yo! Welcome to the Team. Good luck with the car which ever way you decide to go :waving:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts