Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum. I bought a 1968 camaro that is about halfway through restoration from a guy who needed the money. Lots of things to do on it and am excited to get started.

Body work is largely done with a few spots of surface rust here and there. Car is primed. No real rust anywhere as floor pan and several of the panels were replaced with new ones.
Interior is a complete mess but the dash is all original. Lots of missing pieces.
Engine appears to be a mid '86 350 with a Weiand intake manifold and an edelbrock carburator. Engine looks like a rebuild that has never been run.
Paired to a powerglide transmission that I think is original.
Electrical is a tangled mess so I think I will replace all the wiring.

Plan is to start with electrical and work through all the systems one by one until it is up and running. Paint will be last. Will need lots of help!

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Electrical is a tangled mess so I think I will replace all the wiring.

Plan is to start with electrical and work through all the systems one by one until it is up and running. Paint will be last. Will need lots of help!

Dan
Welcome Dan and the electrical is a good place to start with a kit such as "Painless Wiring" provided of course that you don't intend to media blast the frame/body.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I'd highly recommend a AAW replacement harness. The painless kits are anything but.

Good call on getting the wiring done first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts