Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I've read this site for years to get small block chevy and tranny info. I had even already joined at one time it appears. However, I now own a 68 Camaro that I'll need plenty of help with from some of you experts. I bought this Camaro from a friend at a good low price, and then realized it needs a lot of work. I really didn't want a Camaro that required so much work, but it is what it is. I want to or need to, replace Front Fenders and do rear Patch Panels to get rid of those Flairs. It needs motor work, but that's easy.

What I need to know first is, who is the best company to order Fenders and Rear Quarter Panels through. I was thinking of buying everything I need from Rick's Camaro. So if any of you can help me out with my first parts order, I'd appreciate it. My name is Jeff. Thanks

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I will defer a reply to your question to others since I have never needed to buy sheet metal before.

Welcome back to the site. Your 68 looks very nice and I am glad you will make the change to the flares. Back in the late 70's they were in. LOL:yes:

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Correct year. Ricks is ok just watch the quarters, had several issues and wound up going through Auto Metal Direct. They use heavier gauge steel and parts are formed properly with updated dies. You are in Alaska right? shipping may be rather expensive. Check the webb for local or at least kinda local to you, but AMD is a good product. Oh welcome back Jeff

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Welcome, and yeah, the Flairs got to go. My nephew is a body man, so he'll do the work for me. I had a guy look it over, he has three Camaro's of 67-68 era. He thought the car was in great shape, no rust in the usual areas, and the body is sound and straight. Should be a nice car once again, after awhile and a few thousand dollars.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts