Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to your forum as of today. I have a '68 SS/RA Camaro that I bought back in '72. It is the car that I first pick-up my wife of 41 years in so it has a lot of good memories in it. The car went through a barn fire about 6 years ago and got burnt pretty good and the roof of the barn caved in on the top but luckly I had most of the car apart getting ready to restore it. It is now about half way to being completed. I work in a restoration shop now and I'm always looking for good info to help with builds. We are currently working on restoring a '69 Z/28 Numbers matching car. Looking forward to getting and giving info on Camaros.

·
19,897 Posts
Welcome to TC....glad you didn't give her up :beers:
Great year and story....love to see some then and now pictures ;)
Also 41 years ? WOW :eek:....congrats :beers: (26 years here, married 21 years)

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
wow a ss/ra Is that the rare ram air option. Just kidding welcome aboard. Lots of great people on this site. Get that car done. Some old pics would be great

·
Super Moderator
32,605 Posts
Welcome, Keni. Congrats on the 41 years with the same woman. I commend you.
Correct year and hope the assembly is going well. Glad you kept her, both of them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome & Congrats. They are amazing both of them. Yes!, it is an SS/RS!! The a & s are to darn close together. I've attached an old shot of Panama Red at the Car Craft National in Indy back in the late 70's. Panama was Candy Apple Red with a Pearl Gold Hockey Stick Stripe with a set of Cragar SS's on Mickey Thompsons, with a 427/425 HP hooked to a Beefy 400 Turbo and a 12 bolt rear-end with 4.88 Posi gears. Man it was an animal on the Street! More pics and up-dates to come. Thanks again for the welcome :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Keni, the pict looks like old Carft Street Machine Nats, early 70's I was there and a couple Detroit Nats???

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Welcome, Keni! Am I correct and making the assumption you are in Greenfield, In.?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Welcome, Keni. Have family in greenfield In. Welcome!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts