Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
I was just thinking about that too. There is E-town in April, 1st Jackson cruise in May. Camaro's at Carlisle.
Check. Check. Check. I'll be at all 3. With all good luck, the 77Z28 will be at the last 2. Jackson might be good.

Hey, it appears that Kahunuaville in Delaware is closed. Does anyone know if the annual June show still happen anywhere down there??

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Ha, I just came to post that, 1976LT1 just posted it at NJFBOA.org

Riverfront Camaro Show
Saturday June 2,2007 (Raindate Sat June 10)
Shipyard Shops
800 S. Madison St.
Wilmington,DE
Registration fee $20--10 am-12pm
Judging 11 am-2pm
Awards at 3pm
infoclubs.hemmings.com/dvrcc

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow Bonzo read a post that wasn't in the basement.;)

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Wow Bonzo read a post that wasn't in the basement.;)
Ha, I'm a mod, I read too much of the forum. In fact, I forget the basement, since it never shows new posts on the forum. :)

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Ok, I was thinking about this over lunch. We can always have, and I in fact encourage, informal meets anywhere (Jackson Outlets, Somerville, E-Town, etc.). We can also jump on other events, like NJFBOA monthly meets, Maryland Camaro Club meets, etc. NJ Car Show.com could be our guide. :)

I think it might be good to have 3 annual ‘meets’ where we ‘promote’ it for weeks in advance (like the last time), one in each basic area of the state: north, central, south. That opens it up for people at each end of the state, plus bordering states. More of a series of mid-Atlantic or lower northeast meets, I suppose, using NJ as the common ground. Planning more then 3 becomes difficult. Just running through the calendar of events in my head, I thought of these, all of which are recurring deals (well, the Super Bowl is, making that Saturday easy to remember). And really, other people are doing the hard work for the summer shows, we just have to meet up, look at cars & bench race.

February (Super Bowl Saturday) – Central – Chili’s in Princeton.
June 2nd – South – The Riverfront show in Delaware.
August 12th – North – The NJFBOA show at Island.

All of those are pretty easy to get to, and are relatively laid back and relaxing. And getting to them doesn’t require too much ‘tough terrain’, if you will. Even trailer parking. Maybe a 4th in central NJ close to the shore might be good too, either in April or October. That would require more thought.

The Riverfront show could make for a nice group cruise down 295. I may not make that; t-ball may force me to miss it. It used to be a Sunday, I think. It is an hour fifteen or so from my house in Hamilton.

I was really hoping we could take advantage of the 2007 East Coast F-Body Nationals that our club (NJFBOA) has been trying to build. We really want to expand the club & the show to encompass more Camaros from all generations. We’ve been working to ‘clean up’ the forum so it doesn’t seem like a bunch of kids, because it is not. While the average age there is younger then here, or even nastyz, I can say for certain it is not just a bunch of kids. The members that show up to functions are enthusiasts just like us. And hell, a little youthful enthusiasm is a good thing. I know we have a number of members there who are also members here. That said….

Island is in a great part of the state, in the northwest corner of NJ right off route 46. There is racing and a show. So you can race your car, or just show it, or just come out & bench race and watch the racing. Or do it all! (JCDubs, I’m calling you – you can race and win a show trophy). Where else could you see 2 documented 1970 L78 Camaros last summer? My pics from last year.

Here I think we have another opportunity for a team cruise. From my house in Hamilton, it is about an hour up route 31 to Island. A pretty leisurely drive and 31 is very quiet on a Sunday morning. The big lot at the AMC Theater on Sloan Avenue (right off 295) could be a good meeting point. We could even have a group breakfast at the Bob Evans.

I’d really like to do cruises – actually driving together places. I just think that would be very cool, and Camaros need to be driven! Maybe that would be good for October. A one day Camaro Power Tour of NJ.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That all sounds good to me. I'm up for driving them too. I was thinking about something like everyone meeting someplace then driving somewhere for dinner. I'm sure everyone knows of really cool places to eat in their area that would be worth the trip. Maybe even meet at a cruise then go to dinner, or dinner then go to the cruise.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I'm not sure about the Delaware show. As of right now I'm still waiting for the stupid L78 fuel block to arrive so I can get the car back up and running. It figures everything on the car is a one year only part.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Dont Go To Extreme Motor Cars In Gloucester Nj!!!

Well if you do meet make sure you DONT GO to GLOUCESTER NJ so you can go to EXTREME MOTOR CARS. Look up a guy named GREG and take a picture. He is a real dirt bag and someone who should be avoided at all costs. He screwed me out of a deal on a convertible rs. Ebay name is HUMMERGRL40. I was about to go to the bank and wire him the money when I noticed the auction ended. Im just glad I didnt wire him the money!! Didnt even have the ball s to talk to me on the phone. Had to have his young step son give me the message. 5 hours later!!!

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
I'm not sure about the Delaware show. As of right now I'm still waiting for the stupid L78 fuel block to arrive so I can get the car back up and running. It figures everything on the car is a one year only part.
And what was wrong with the one that was in there before? :D

I'll do some plotting & planning, but I need some more feedback.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
And what was wrong with the one that was in there before? :D
The fuel line that was on the car won't seal up anymore since I swapped carbs. So I decided to get an original setup that actually should fit properly(if it ever shows up).

1 - 20 of 51 Posts