Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1976 Nickey camaro with price tags on parts of engine. It is a 454 LS6 m22 4sp
Does anyone know how I would go about documenting it? All I have is 4 people that
have personal knowledge of the car. Original owner is now deceased. He went to Chicago and purchased the car from a dealership and transported to Nickey Performance himself. 1974 Petersen's Hot Rod yearbook #14 is all I have besides the price tags and 4 people.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had no idea those even existed.....

I thought Nickey stopped business in '73?

Sounds like a sweet car though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
There is a guy here that has a Nickey in a juckyard makes me made ever time I see it . And no he will not sell it boy have I tryed to buy it. Back in the late 70's there were 5 Nickeys here and 3 Motions those were the days.

69RS Z/28 82 C10 300HP 350 96 IMAPLA SS

·
Registered
1 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DickiesNickey:
I have a 1976 Nickey camaro with price tags on parts of engine. It is a 454 LS6 m22 4sp
Does anyone know how I would go about documenting it? All I have is 4 people that
have personal knowledge of the car. Original owner is now deceased. He went to Chicago and purchased the car from a dealership and transported to Nickey Performance himself. 1974 Petersen's Hot Rod yearbook #14 is all I have besides the price tags and 4 people.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the exact same problem. only I own a 1975 corvette with a Nickey 454-460hp engine.
I know it is a nickey but the documentation is what Im trying to construct.The original owner bought the car on the east coast and shipped it to chicago right away to Nickey Chevrolet for the retrofit of the 454.My car has only 5400 original miles on it.I understand that Nickey mainly built High performance engins for the camero. I was told that my vette is one of only 30-40 out there with a nickey.Does anyone know of any ex-Nickey employee out there some where?
Thanks. ken haney

·
Registered
285 Posts
These cars fall into the same category of cars that were purchased new and later modified by Motion or other dealers. They are still neat cars, but will never command anywhere near the value of a car purchased and modified at Nickey and sold as a new car w/the mods already in place. Same hold for cars sold through Baldwin Chev. and modified by Motion as new cars prior to initial delivery to the customer. Good luck with the documentation.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nickey Chevrolet closed in 1973. The Nickey Chicago Speed Shop and Conversion Company continued to advertise, build and sell Super Car conversions until they closed in 1977. Documented examples of these cars can be very collectable as well as valuable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts