Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to install a nitrous system on my camaro and do alot of racing with it. so i bought some nitrous in a big tank to fill my own bottles at home. I know you have to pull a vaccum in the tank to be filled and dont know how much vaccum to pull? I have "heard that i am supposed to freeze the bottle before filling it?" for what i dont know? I dont know how cold am i supposed to get it. I know that i have to use a charging scale to measure the weight of the bottle as I fill it, to get the proper weight. Any info would be appreciated!!! Thank You!!!

·
Super Moderator
33,282 Posts
First item, I would suggest is to call the manufacturer of the system and ask him how to fill.

Next step, talk to the local hospital or gas supplier in town about filling bottles.

Thirdly, use an A/C vacuum pump to evacuate the bottle, shut the tank valve off to retain vacuum, place bottle onto an A/C charge scale, hook up supply bottle, and add 10 pounds, or whatever bottle capacity is, and fill.

Empty bottle weight does not come into the picture, just the weight of the contents inside. Keeping everything frozen, keeps gas at a liquid state.

Hope others here submit their 2 cents....

------------------
Everett 68/350/PG/11.90/115mph

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.