Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have another strange question..So take it easy on me guys
I will eventualy be storing my toy for the winter(planning early)..And was wondering about the 20lb NOS bottle..It is full at the moment and am wondering if it is OK to store it that way for a prolonged period..(6-7 month) or should I empty it..It will be stored inside where the temp usualy never drops below 40*(Unless I get the garaged heated before then)...There is no Bottle heater or blanket(don't want one either)..Suggestions can it be stored safely in the car over the winter full or should I empty it...Thanks again guys

------------------
Retored 76 LE Trans Am 455 4 speed..# matching FOR Sale or Trade for a 68 or 69 big block camaro in good shape
-------------------------
Restored 68 Camaro R/S 327 4 speed
http://community.webshots.com/user/badcaiman

·
Registered
523 Posts
Actuslly you DO NOT want to empty it. Moisture can develop in an empty bottle pretty easily. I would keep it in a closet in the house somewhere around room temperature. I would however use a set of brackets to secure it in place in the same fashion that you do in your car.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I think heat is the biggest prob. With heat you built pressure with cold you decrease pressure. I would keep it in a cabnet or somewhere out of the way in the garage.

I wouldnt keep it in your home because if it where to leak there would be laughing for everyone. Seriously NOS is low grade and some what toxic to inhale.

------------------
70 camaro 307 (350soon) /350th

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
call NOS and see what they say. i would think they would know...or you could use it up before the snow flies...

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well after having thought about it a while. I forgot about the fact that they are some kids out there that use N20 to get high. I would lock it up somewhere in the garage in a concealed area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts