Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decide to store the NOS bottle in the car for the winter...(In a heated garage...60-65*F)..I shut the valve off at the bottle....Not sure if I should disconect the line to release the pressure on the switch...I do not have a purge switch and have been strongly advised AGAINST arming and firing the nitrous with the engine off to purge the system....Do I even have to release the pressure on the line/switch for storage???......

Also is there something I can put under the car for storage to avoid and dampness from the concrete floor damaging the undercarriage...Someone recommended kitty litter..Never heard of that...Have the silica bags inside the car..Just wondering if ther is anything I could put under the car to help with the dampness from the concrete??

Thanks in advance guys

------------------
Retored 76 LE Trans Am 455 4 speed..# matching
-------------------------
Restored 68 Camaro R/S 327 4 speed
-------------------------
Restored 55 chevy Belair
Blown, Fuel Injected

http://community.webshots.com/user/badcaiman

·
Registered
177 Posts
Make sure the bottle valve is shut tight, then slowly crack open the line at the valve to release the pressure. A few turns should be all you need. After that tighten the line back up to keep moisture out of the valve and line. If you've never done it before, be prepared for a big white dry ice looking cloud to fill your trunk.
For your floor, how about an old piece of carpet? You could probably get a remnant piece from a carpet store for about $10.00.

------------------
1 '68 Camaro, 1 '69 Nova, 1 '69 Firebird, and a whole bunch of bicycles!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Also, although I am no expert on NO2, it is my understanding that cryogenically stored gasses produce less pressure when cold (ie, propane) and are less likely to cause problems with the valves. Just a thought, but I may be out to lunch.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would let the pressure of the line, if you
leave line disconnected don't forget to tape
up end of line to keep anything from crawling
into it over the winter. Is it that time already.lol
Jeff

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Put a plastic tarp or several sheets of heavy visqueen plastic on the concrete floor under the stored car to help contain the moisture than migrates up from below it. If daily drivers that will be dripping snow, ice, and road salt are parked in the same garage, use a dehumidifier and a fan to maintain air circulation; dry air that's moving won't cause condensation.

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

1 - 6 of 6 Posts