Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Single pattern vs. Dual pattern cams...(huh)?

X codes ? I thought it was only Z cars, but now every joker is advertising x-77, x-44, x-11 etc. what is the real deal here and how many x-codes are there?

Single plane vs. Dual plane intakes...(huh)?

·
Registered
188 Posts
This probably won't be much help, but I know that a single plane intake is usually used on a engine that is made to run higher RPM's. Dual Plane intake is made for more low end torque and usually used on street cars. But i know someone else will give you a much better explanation.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
A dual patterned cam is one that has intake and exhaust lobes with different lobe characteristics (lift and duration), whereas a single patterned cam has identical intake and exhaust lobes. For example... a single patterned cam would have durations of 218 degrees on both intake and exhaust, while a dual patterned cam may have 218 degrees of duration on the intake lobe and 224 degrees on the exhaust lobe.

I am not really up on my decoding skills....

A single versus dual plane intake manifold refers to the opening in the intake upon which the carbeurator sits. A dual plane intake has a divided opening, so that one (or two) carb venturii is on each side of the divide. Thus each half of the carb feeds half of the cylinders. This generally helps to boost throttle response and low end power. A single plane intake on the other hand has no divider, and the carb just dumps its payload into the intake for any runner to take to its final destination.

·
Registered
31 Posts
69 Trim Codes

X11 Bright chrome trim (includes SS-350 cars)
X22 Bright chrome trim SS-396 (w/ black rear)
X33 Bright chrome trim SPECIAL Z-28 ONLY
X44 BASE CAR
X55 BASE CAR w/ SS-350 (no chrome)
X66 BASE CAR w/ SS-396 (black rear sill)
X77 BASE CAR w/ Z-28 performance package
Z10 COUPE PACE CAR
Z11 PACE CAR convertible
D80 Rear Spoiler (not always coded)

Bright Chrome package (named "Style Trim) included fender chrome molding, rear wheel fender louvers, rear panel emblems, chrome drip-moldings.

Hope it helps, mark

------------------
~ mark

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all that contributed. I hope that others have learned something as well!

I can't wait to show off tomorrow with my new-found intellectual prowess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts