Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 68 Camaro has no current to instrument lights fuse panel the green and gray wire in the back of fuse have no current. Also the warning lights have don't work when proofing them either and gas guage works and all other lights work. Did I miss something when I put back instrument cluster. Could I have a bad ignition switch or headlight switch? anybody got Ideas!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Do the outside running (tail) lights work? The same wire to the head light switch (orange) provides power to both the tail lights (brown) and the dash lights (green).
If the tail lights work, you don't have the head light switch knob turned down, and you don't see anything on the green wire on the fuse clip:
I'd look around at the head light switch.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John I have checked headlight switch area and I found courtesy fuse would blow if I turn headlight switch all the way left to activate courtesy light I found dome light shorted and melted and wires burnt so I pulled headliner and sail panel and repaired orange and white wires and I will order new dome light assembly. It still blows the courtesy fuse so tommorrow I'll trace the rest of the door jam and courtesy and lighter wires for shorts and replace the headlight switch although I ohm checked it and took it apart to look for burns it is kinda loose and wornout. I do have running lights but still no current to inst fuse. I have current from 16brn going into instrument cluster but no warning lights when proofing with key on and I'm sure when I put cluster back in awhile back the curcuit board was good. Any suggestions? I going to just go ahead and replace ignition switch(kinda loose) and recheck all the Dash wiring for safety sake anyway. thanks Edd

·
Registered
523 Posts
See if you have power on the green wire on the headlight switch. The rheostat (wound wire thing in the front) may have a problem. Sometimes it's just a bad crimp on the headlight switch connector.
Switch needs to be pulled ON to test the green wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts