Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have an 81 camaro and my dashlights arent working i tested all my fuses and there all good could it be the printed circuit thats messed up behind the gauges?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Related but different--how do I replace/remove a dead turn signal bulb (right turn)? Must the gauge cluster come out or can I get to it from underneath?

'67 vert RS

·
Premium Member
835 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ouch--still no good. Was able to remove rt signal bulb assy. + it checks out fine; contacts all good w/bulb +copper contacts OK at the two collar tabs. 4-way flasher also working minus the rt turn signal indicator. All other dash lites are working. Could signal flasher itself be involved or the cluster printed circuitry be shorted? By the way it did work "sporadically" a year ago, died and mysteriously came back to life on two occasions some 6 mos. ago but died out again.

'67 RS Vert

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I'm a very good elastic man and stand about a 30% chance of locating and pulling the bulb and another 30% of replacing the bulb such that it makes contact for God Knows how long and another 30% chance of dropping the bulb inside the cluster. Your better off using the 100% by dropping the steering column pulling the bezel and cluster - lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts