Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '79 Camaro with a TH350 Auto box.
The car was standing for approx 2.5 years before I got it. Everything is fine except I have no gears when cold!
When checking trans fluid when cold, its right up the dipstick. But when hot it doesn't even register.
Any help would be greatly appreiciated.

------------------

·
Registered
980 Posts
You are supposed to check the fluid when it's hot.

With everything operating up to temperature, and the engine running, put the car in park, then go through each position, R,N,D,2,1, and then back to neutral. Make sure the car is blocked, or you have a good parking brake. Then get out, and check the fluid. Fill it to full line if needed.

------------------
68 Coupe, 350 4-speed
Jim's Camaro Corner

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sounds to me like you have no transmission fluid. Add a quart or two and find out where it's leaking from and fix it. Don't use any of those chemicals that are used to seal leaks. I think they do more damage then help.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
I didn't read anything funny. One person needed advise and two others gave it.

------------------
Robert Johnson

'69 getting better every day... (every pay day)
350ci 700r4 3.55 posi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nickerlast:
I have a '79 Camaro with a TH350 Auto box.
The car was standing for approx 2.5 years before I got it. Everything is fine except I have no gears when cold!
When checking trans fluid when cold, its right up the dipstick. But when hot it doesn't even register.
Any help would be greatly appreiciated.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for all the help, (well, apart from Chris)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Good to see a new guy. This place is filled with great people that want to help. There is always the odd exception.

[This message has been edited by mikestr (edited 03-12-2002).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts