Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I just installed a trunk light in my 69 camaro. I bought the kit from Ricks.Every went well but the light didnt work.After some testing ,I found out that the trunk lid is not grounded.My question is does the trunk lid have a ground stap or something to ground the lid to the rest of the car.If I run my own ground wire the light works fine. thanks ,Bob

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
bob the metal of the lid should carry its own ground from the bolts on the hinges but if it was dismantled and painted, the bolts might not be making ground. 1st try a direct single wire to ground to make sure the light works.. then try a star washer under the hinge bolt. Or using a 2 wire set, just run the ground wire to another bolt or screw inside the trunk area under the package tray somewhere where the wire wont get pushed around by luggage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim, the light works fine when I run my own ground . Everything in the trunk has been repainted. I will do as you suggested and remove a hindge bolt and make sure there is bare metal instead of a painted surface. thanks ,Bob

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim, you were correct. I simply stuck a star washer under the flat washer on the hinge and the light went to work. thank you,Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts