Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help. I have an 89 camero RS and it has a V8. We had a subzero day and suddenly I have no heat. The fan works perfectly but It blows air thats just as cold as the outside air. My engine has also started running very hot (close to the red zone on the temp gage). I assume the two are related. Can somebody please tell me what the problem could possibly be?

[This message has been edited by 89reallyslow (edited 12-18-2000).]

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have no heat becuase something is frozen in your motor like a hoze or radiator. If anything freezez your heater will blow cold air and your car will overheat did you have antifreeze in it if not put some in it hope that helps
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 89reallyslow:
Help. I have an 89 camero RS and it has a V8. We had a subzero day and suddenly I have no heat. The fan works perfectly but It blows air thats just as cold as the outside air. My engine has also started running very hot (close to the red zone on the temp gage). I assume the two are related. Can somebody please tell me what the problem could possibly be?

[This message has been edited by 89reallyslow (edited 12-18-2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
193 Posts
I hate to point out the obvious, but no heat and/or overheating frequently mean no (or at least low) coolant. Particularly if they happen simultaneously. You've checked this, right??

·
Registered
321 Posts
A quick check would be to run the engine again and put your hand and on the hoses going to the heater core, if cold, you are very low on coolant or the water is slush or frozen.

------------------
68 RS red w/ white stripes
67 SS/RS restoring

·
Registered
73 Posts
what's a camero?? I know that in camaros that if something like that happens you should check the coolant.. don't know about cameros though... check your manual

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think Cameros were made by Chavrolat, can't remember.
Keep preaching the word, brother tireblazin68! We'll get this straightened out someday!

------------------
Ben - '67 RS/SS350 - Mustangs, meet your NEMESS
"There's an 'e' in Ben, but there's NO 'E' IN CAMARO!!" (sorry, just a pet peeve of mine!)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't forget to check/replace the thermostat (god i hope that's spelled right). there cheap, but can cause some big problems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
well if you have antifreeze in the car then nothen is frozen and you should check your water level and if thats good then the next step is your thermostat but give the engine a good flush with a garden hose and replace the thermostat

James

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its a possibility that your coolant wasn't mixed for subzero conditions and froze. Which may cause a cracked block when started to expand on warm up. Which would cause overheating, no heat, and coolant loss. How long did the car sit? And how cold was it? If it sat all day and night in subzero condition, its a possibility. But check that last.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts