Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving the car today. I stopped to get the kids some drinks at a fast food joint and when I came back out, nothing on the car would work. No horn, lights, anything electrical. I have 12 volts going into the regulator, but I can't find any power anywhere else. I assume the regulator is bad. Anyway to verify that? I couldn't find any loose connections or bad grounds. Would a failed regulator cause everything electrical to fail as well?

I can't wait for my manuals to arrive!!!

------------------
Dave Richard
68 RS/SS Convertible
350/295 Powerglide

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me on IROC-Z.
I went through everything electrical checking for shorts and loose connections. It turned out to be a blown fuse wire. I have a four way split leading to the fan, stereo, and battery. The battery fuse was dead. I cut it out and replaced it with a new line and she started right up. If this fails to check out. Double check the connection on your starter wire. It may have came loose. Good luck!

------------------
JWL

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the car is back on the road. I replaced the regulator and got voltage around the car. Problem was, it still would not crank or let anything electrical operate. I jumped it and everything worked. I have attempted to charge the battery, but it won't hold a charge. So either the regulator shorted and killed my battery, or the other way around. The funny thing is none of the fusable links smoked. I thought that is what they are supposed to prevent. Thanks for the help!

------------------
Dave Richard
68 RS/SS Convertible
350/295 Powerglide

1 - 3 of 3 Posts