Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked up some cheap rims/tires for the Camaro so that I could fit disc brakes on it. They're 15" rims from a 3rd gen with 205/65/15s. Not my first choice, but they're growing on me. Definitely works for now.

+

=

·
Super Moderator
32,351 Posts
Looks nice.

Check the rims for "F" & "R", signifying front wheel and rear wheel. I was told there is a different offset per axle, but I'm not an expert on it yet.

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Those will have to grow on me... don't look quite right on a 1st gen but I have seen much worse... :yes:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
All you need is a set of center caps and she will look pretty good. I am starting to see a lot of 6 cylinder cars being restored as is, with no engine swap. After all there were lots of them out there.

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
Im not a fan of those type wheels on a first gen BUT ya know, if they were painted the same color as your body color and had red accent striping on the edges of the star legs, they might just blow me away looking good. :D just an idea.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I like the grandpa look better.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Actually those third gen 15" wheels on the 1967 Camaro in these photos are not GM marked "F"ront or "R"ear. If the tires are the same size all the way around, you can rotate any of the wheels & tires to front, rear, left or right all day long. The offset is the same for any of the 15" wheels on 3rd gen's. It is the 16" wheels that have the different offset and should not be rotated front to rear. How do I know? see my signature below. Plus I worked in the car business from 1989-1998 and a large portion of those years were spent working for Goodyear, Firestone and Kelly.

FWIW, I think the grandpa look is fine on that 1967 Camaro. Personally I like Rally Wheels on first gen's the best. I know the COPO guys are gonna hate me for saying that. Oh well!

P.S. Nice looking car either way. But I like the COPO hubcap look much better than the 3rd gen 15" wheel look on that car.

·
Banned
3,176 Posts
I think you made a good choice!.....I mean, after all, they are just temporary, right?......I think what would set it off is purchasing the correct center caps and installing wheel well mouldings.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Which lugnuts did you use?

You probably already know the taper is different on those wheels.
I picked up a set of new lug nuts from Discount Tire when I had them balanced.

I think you made a good choice!.....I mean, after all, they are just temporary, right?......I think what would set it off is purchasing the correct center caps and installing wheel well mouldings.:thumbsup:
Yep, just temporary until I can get what I really want, and don't worry guys, the originals are tucked away in the shed in case I want to go back.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Leave the old rims, same paint, and hide a 468 between the fenders. Sleeper look all the way with that car..... ;)

Those wheels look better on yours than ALOT of cars, but I'm impartial to stock looking sleepers. Could have something to do with my Camaro being painted that same color at one time, and know how is perceived compared to the more popular reds, blues, and such.

My personal opinion, is that I like the yellow center caps, and no wheel moulding's, on that car. Looks sleek...if you understand what I'm trying to say.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
When I bought my car it had those exact rims on it. I thought it looked good, my car was silver then and it matched. You need some center caps and maybe paint them like someone else mentioned, photoshop it first. I like the new rims.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Boy......I think I'd have to go with the old wheels because you can't get more "bone *** stock" than that car!!!! I'm guessing you get asked daily if you want to sell it. It looks like someone doesn't know what they have it's sooooo stock looking. I still think you will NEVER be able to beat the look of a 15x7 rally wheel. I like them so much I even had them custom built for my C-10!!!

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
They don't look bad, but I would put the center caps on.
Here's mine with 15" IROCs. I'd run chrome wheels before painted with dog dish caps.....just never cared for the look.:noway:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts