Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not getting oil from the pushrods on the right side while prelubing for start up. . Left side pumps up in 3 min or less and I have good oil pressure. I’ve got a Little M block. I’ve spun the drill for more then 10 min with no avail. I’ve turned the motor over a couple of times as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The lifters are not pumping up on the right side either. Left side all is good. It's got me stumped.

Greg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm using the right one. I'm getting oil out of the left side and the gauge is reading about 40 psi.

·
3,387 Posts
I'm using the right one..
Is it the one that has the collar that goes down into the block to simulate the distributor body ? I cant think of anything else right off hand. I have a Dart block sitting at the shop, I can take a look at it on Friday, I dont remember exactly how the oil is routed on them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that's the one. I can tell it's turning the oil pump fine. I've had to go up to a 1/2 inch drill cause I smoked two smaller ones. Thanks for your help. Reading the specs I see it says 'if lifter oiling is restricted, restrictors can be installed in the rear lifter galleys.' I wouldnt see restrictors causing the problem though.

·
3,387 Posts
Greg,
I will take a look at the one I have at the shop in the morning. It is sitting in front of the hone for me to trip over so I shouldn't forget :)

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
At the rear of the Little M you have 2 of a 3/8 npt plug, and behind them internally there is a place where you either put restrictors or plugs. If you don't put anything in those internal 1/4" ports you will eventually toast the mains and rods. It is their priority system. 1/4 plugs makes it go and hit all the mains, then it comes backwards from the front into the lifter galleries.

I can't post pics any more or I'd post you a pic.

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/TimNotWolf/?action=view&current=DSC01816.jpg

·
3,387 Posts
Greg,
The block I have here at the shop is a Big M and it is different. It supplies oil to the lifter galleys in the front. I will see what I can find out later this AM.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bill, You're right on the preoil tool. Mine is a straight shaft with no rings. Oil is just falling back in the hole and not getting over to the other side. Thanks for your help.

Greg

·
3,387 Posts
Greg,
I wasnt sure if the Little M needed that type of tool. Glad you found the problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts