Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 z28 . Got the car cheap and it's been problem after problem. Final issue I have is getting the brakes to work. I can't seem to get fluid through the rear lines, the fronts bleed fine. I can open the bleeders on the proportioning valve and get fluid. I can remove the front line from the valve and get fluid but nothing from the rear line.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
does the car have a rubber line to the rear differential? it may be completely collapsed or plugged.

see if you can get fluid just before it.and work from there.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Get yourself a fourth gen Haynes or Chiltons from the parts store. ABS systems require special bleeding techniques. Google is also your friend as it the LT1 specific directions can be easily found.

As for the parking brake, there is an adjustment on each side. They're basically like a drum brake inside the back side of the rotor. You basically have to turn the adjustment until there's a slight drag (brake handle released) and then back off a tad and check the parking brake. Google will also find that for you.

·
Retired
26,767 Posts
The '95 rear brake uses a cable to actuate the caliper and clamp down on the rotor for the e-brake. The e-brake should act independent of and in the absence of brake fluid to the caliper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts