Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get my two dome light lids off so I can put a couple digi-tail LED lights in their places. Any tip to get these off easy ? mine is on pretty good, -wont even turn

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Dome on ceiling or sail panel light on C panel? If sail panel light, lens has a tab on each side that snaps into the housing. Use finger nails or a thin plastic tool to slide in between lens and housing to lightly lift lens.

·
Premium Member
14,366 Posts
Also be aware that those bulbs are double contact bulbs. A single contact bulb will short out the circuit.

Roger

·
Premium Member
14,366 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes you have a dome light bulb and you are trying to take apart the sail panel fixtures. Wrong bulbs for those. That bulb is for overhead dome light.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I put sail panel lights in my 68. Like them better than the dome light. I installed led panels in them instead of the bulb. Haven't lit them up yet but I suspect a better light atmosphere when lit with under dash and console courtesy lights then that the glaring dome light.

LED panels are the same as for the 62 Impala.
20210724_063021.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,366 Posts
I put sail panel lights in my 68. Like them better than the dome light. I installed led panels in them instead of the bulb. Haven't lit them up yet but I suspect a better light atmosphere when lit with under dash and console courtesy lights then that the glaring dome light.

LED panels are the same as for the 62 Impala.
View attachment 279041
They are really proud of them.
Roger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts