Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just completed a head change..Trick flow heads, TF roller rockers and TF Hardened pushrods..Problem or should I say question is..

I have adjusted the drivers side rockers 3 times already (Zero+ 1/4 turn Hydraulic cam Lunati [email protected] and 515 lift)...And even though I can't here anything while standing next to the engine while running..I do here a very faint click coming from the drivers side valve cover using my stesescope(SP????)..Could it have something to do with the headers being cut down and rewelded with a close bend(Clearance issues) on the driverside..There are NO header leaks on the drivers side....(I do have a collector leak on the passenger side)).....Thanks again

------------------
Restored 68 Camaro R/S 327 4 speed
-------------------------
Restored 55 chevy Belair
Blown, Fuel Injected
http://community.webshots.com/user/badcaiman
76 Limited edition T/A # matching
26 Ford Roadster..Pro street
79 Corvette..Frame off restoration..(Don't ask WHY :):):))

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Zero lash + 1/4 turn is on the loose side IMO especially if it is a new cam and you have new rocker arms. The rocker bearings will loosen a little with breakin and so will the cam and lifters. I always set them to zero lash plus 1/2 turn. Maybe you have one that is a touch on the loose side.

Keep in mind that roller rockers are a little noisey when working properly - I'm assuming that since you only hear it on one side that you MIGHT have one that a little loose. Probably nothing to worry about at all.

G

·
RELAX!!!!

You know your never going to enjoy your car....

Just kidding with you man...

------------------
Tony
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>1979 Z-28, 350, Th350- Edelbrock Performer RPM cam and intake, Holley 650, Trick flow twisted wedge heads, dynomax headers,flowmaster american thunder exhuast
[/list]
http://hobbystage.net/camaro/xodus921/

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have trick flow heads with roller rockers, every time I get on it hard, the valve train is a little noisy. I have adjusted the valves 3 times, and i still here the ticking noise sometimes. I think that it is just normal.

------------------
1968 Camaro Rally Sport Convertible

1 - 4 of 4 Posts