Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a non a/c car that the previous owner tried to put factory air in. He gave up quickly, but not before he put a control head from an a/c car. I've installed vintage air for non a/c car. I bought a non a/c blower switch from rick's and when I realized I could not make it work in an a/c control head, I bit the bullet and bought a complete non a/c control head from firewheel classics. It came with the switch already installed.

My problem is neither of the new switches will work properly. They won't shut off when the slider switch is pullled all the way up and high speed is sporadic. Both switches look like a firework show when you move them and one gets hot right away. I'm stuck as what to do next.

Is it still possible to but a non a/c blower switch from gm? I think my problem is these aftermarket switchs are junk combined with the fact that the gm control head is bad design. Has anyone delt with this problem?

Any help would be appreciated. This is keeping me from finishing my car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rick,
I talked to vintage air this morning. They don't have one that fits factory control head.
I talked to chevy dealer who was kind enough to look up the part number in an old book and look it up on his computer for me. The gm part is on national backorder & he didn't know when it would be released and said it may be canceled.
Too bad the aftermarket stuff is so junky. The control head is really a mickey mouse setup too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts