Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody not body color their spoiler? paint shop is having a hard time matching my paint color (not original camaro color), and im considering just going satin black on the spoiler.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
I took the butternut spoiler off.

Attachments

·
Registered
Al - Waterloo, Iowa
4,067 Posts
Can't say I've ever seen one not body color but I think would stick out like a
sore thumb. To me your car looks perfect without the spoiler but that's just me.
If you're working with a body shop that doesn't have a paint bank I would find
one that does. The color can be matched.

·
19,759 Posts
I would guess it depends on the body color....that BNY above w/ the black looks good to me. I like different by the way ;)

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
Little hard to tell. Photoshop has the spoiler placed a little far forward. Should be flush with the rear of the deck panel. I had Black spoiler and blacked out tail panel in the late 70's but that changed with a paint job later. Doesn't look bad. IMO.

·
13,743 Posts
The black doesn’t do it for me. Too Ricer looking.

A decent shop can match.

If not go to your local automotive paint supplier. DuPont or ? They can match.

Any good paint shop should be able to match.

I also use Paintscratch.com. They will perfect match too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The black doesn’t do it for me. Too Ricer looking.

A decent shop can match.

If not go to your local automotive paint supplier. DuPont or ? They can match.

Any good paint shop should be able to match.

I also use Paintscratch.com. They will perfect match too.

It’s not that they can’t match it, but more $ and time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m thinking if it looks too out of place a set of black z28 stripes would add some black to the car for it to match to

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
I’m thinking if it looks too out of place a set of black z28 stripes would add some black to the car for it to match to
I think it works on my butternut car because I have a black vinyl top, black wheels, and other black ascents... I'm just trying to make the color I don't particularly like work, and I don't like chrome so black works best on my car for me.

Now when I paint it one day, it won't be Butternut or have a vinyl top, and I'll probably do the spoiler body color then.

·
Premium Member
Ben - Delaware - 67 Camaro
445 Posts
My personal opinion, leave it off all together. your car stands great and looks great as is. i think the rear spoiler kind of disrupts the flow of the body lines. I had my spoiler painted with the car and now i'm taking a flat deck lid to the body shop and having them paint that as well so i can switch back and forth. i'll probably just leave the flat deck on without spoiler. btw, my car has the Z stripes which makes it a bit greater expense to have them paint another deck lid. i should have just done away with the spoiler when i painted it. but again, all just personal opinion. if you like it, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I say leave the spoiler off. Every first gen out there has a spoiler your car looks sharp with out the spoiler. BTW What make and size are you mini-lite style wheels? that is what I want for my build

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I say leave the spoiler off. Every first gen out there has a spoiler your car looks sharp with out the spoiler. BTW What make and size are you mini-lite style wheels? that is what I want for my build
Vintage wheel works 16x8 v48. I’ll probably be selling them soon for a different size if your interested in them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bthomas,
Yes I would be interested, I am running the 15" ralley's now. Where are you located I am in Washington state
Dfw, Texas
I know fastenal ships for cheap. I’ll look into if that service is back open yet. It was closed for covid

1 - 18 of 18 Posts