Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello....

I have a '67 350 Camaro and the book calls for a set of AC44 plugs. I believe these are non-resistor type plugs. My question is: Would it hurt my electrical equipment to put a set of R44 resistor type plugs...?

I think if you need resistor type plugs and use non-resistor then you're in trouble right?

My car has the original AM PB radio.

Thanks in advance!

Al

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, JimM. Wonder why they show an AC44 as the type to use. At any rate, thanks for the help.

Al

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Hello....

I have a '67 350 Camaro and the book calls for a set of AC44 plugs. I believe these are non-resistor type plugs. My question is: Would it hurt my electrical equipment to put a set of R44 resistor type plugs...?

I think if you need resistor type plugs and use non-resistor then you're in trouble right?

My car has the original AM PB radio.

Thanks in advance!

Al
Al, you must be reading from a pretty old book for it to give you the non- resistor type plug. You can use either plug, without harming your electrical system. The AC44 plugs cause radio interference and that is why resistor plugs are used now.

I heard of stories where people would get into trouble with the FCC because of radio interference from driving by someone's house and creating static on their radios and maybe even their TV's. Of course now most people have cable. :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dave,

Yes it is a pretty old one, but it's the back of the service GM manual for the 67 Camaro. This is why I'm curious is all.

Thanks for all the help/input.

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts