Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a 67 coupe. Rust free New Mexico car. First pro touring I've ever built. Great site, alot of helpful info, Thanks!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Shawn, pics? Welcome!

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Welcome 'Tater' :thumbsup:

How's things in Fritch ;)

We're gonna need some pics of that bad body soon or we won't believe you actually have a Camaro :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! Yeah it's real solid, came out of New Mexico. Only rust is on the top dash panel where it leaked due to a crappy winshield install. Right now I'm tearing all the suspension out, replacing body bushings, taking all the rust off the subrame, and undercoating the body. After that I get to bang my head on the wall trying to figure out what suspension to go with lol.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Is this Ron White? LOL
:yes: Looks like we've caught the "Tater" :hurray:

Welcome Shawn, new guy buys the :beers: while we Bench Race ...

Looks like you snagged a pretty solid base for your build :thumbsup:

Like you said, there are a ton of choices now for suspension and other upgrades for 1st Gens now - but, depending on you needs, there's nothing wrong with upgrading what the General originally installed to get very good performance out of these with minimal outlay of $$$.

I'd start with brake upgrades, to the level of your expected performance and speed needs, and then build around that.
It's easier to select tire/rim combos and other suspension parts if brake system is established - rather than having to adapt/change everything again later as you add parts ...

Looking forward to updates :cool:

(edit) found you new suspension thread - http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=211307

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, thanks for the advice, that makes alot of sense about the brakes. My problem is that I've been drag racing for 15+ years, and like I said earlier I've always loved the pro touring look, but know nothing about the intricate details. I'm used to going in a straight line on 15" wheels, and that's where I'm having trouble. I'm building the car as a pro touring, but I'm still going to have to bolt the slicks on to see what it'll run in the 1/8 or 1/2. Now I'm second guessing the 496 I have out of another car I was going to use for this build, so my head's spinning on how to build this thing, motor, suspension, whole nine yards lol. Is it possible to have the best of both worlds...:noway:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts