Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLLOOOO! :waving:

Haha, ok sorry, I had to. Just wanted to hey to everyone here. I've been lurking for a month or so now, soaking up all the good information while I continue the search for the perfect restoration candidate (and while I save the $$$ necessary to do it right).

This is my first post, but I had a bunch of "basic" questions which I was having an amazingly difficult time finding the answers to on the forum. Whether it was because they were things everyone already knows and doesn't post about or I just couldn't work the search button well enough, I can't say for sure. Anyway, I picked a random member who seemed to know what he was talking about to PM and I asked him some of these questions. In return, I got meaningful, complete answers that the member obviously took time to write. SOOOOOO, I just wanted to give a big public thanks to 68rs406 for helping out a noob and representing the community well.
:beers: to 68rs406!!

Pictures will come as soon as the car does....and they will be updated throughout the resto.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Welcome and glad you're having a positive experience here....:thumbsup:

What are you looking for ??

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Hello and welcome to this site. :beers:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welllllllllllllllcome to Team Camaro! :D

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Absolutely anytime, glad I could help :thumbsup: .
:beers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Someone asked what car I was looking for. I'd be more than happy with any 67-69 that is relatively complete, whether in good condition or not. I'm not at all squemish (sp?) about welding or painting and I plan on droping in both a crate engine and a TKO 600. I'd actually like to redo the whole drivetrain, suspension, and brakes, but keep the interior rather stock (except maybe for seats). I'm having a hard time deciding whether I want a 400hp small block or a 500hp big block, but the idea is to not spend any more than 5500 on the engine. As far as the rest goes, I have lots of reading to do. Anyway, comments, thoughts, and opinions are welcome....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I aint a chevy! And is isn't really slow either. I just brought home a 68 Firebird yesterday! It's got a solid running 350 and an auto trans that runs great. Found the thing on craigslist and after going to see it, it's in much better shape than the pictures let on (must be why no one else wanted it :eek:) Apparently it was bought in 1989 from an old lady who rarely drove it, put in storage for 17 years when a restoration was started. The guy's brother took off all the trim, doors, fenders etc and primered them. Then for some reason he let the car sit outside for a year. There's some flash rust and 2 or 3 spots that require welding, but for $2,500, I think it was a steal!!! I'll post pictures as soon as I get home to my camera.

Anyway, I was just wondering if there's a stong showing of firebird people here. Also, I'm assuming the firebird and camaro are identical except for minor cosmetic differences. So things like wiring, and technical specs are the same? Codes on Broadcast sheets? Eh, so many questions....

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
MB give yourself more credit!!!!and Slow welcome from the Pacific NW ask away there is always someone that been there before and can answer...Happy Motoring

1 - 12 of 12 Posts