Team Camaro Tech banner

Would you strongly support a North West Power Tour?

• No Thanks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello peoples.....

One thing I would love to do is go on the US power tour but considering the tour starts 2000 miles away from here and ends over 4000 miles from here it is out of the question for us people up north of the border.

That now has me thinking of the possibilities of starting a North West Power Tour that perhaps runs from Northern California up the Coastal Highway to Portland, Seattle, Vancouver Canada, and over into Banff for a Rocky Mountian Jamboree and ending in Calgary during the height of Stampede (July).

If there is enough support then I might take up the challenge to get large corporate sponsors involved and see if we can't get a power tour started for the North West on 2005. Please answer the poll if you'd support this initiative, and post a reply if you'd like to help steer this possibility.

Thanks in advance...Graeme

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Works for me, I agree with the tour always starts to far away. I think some of the most beautiful parts of the US is the Pacific Coast from Baja to Canada. I agree lets get this rolling.
Mike

·
Registered
136 Posts
later in the year maybe better weather wise august-september? other than that and about 1000 other opinions and comments on my own behalf, i think that that is a great idea. The left coast coud support such an event.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Charlie,

I'm glad others are talking the same thing. I looked at their site but don't think they are going north of Vegas. I did post a question there about the Northwest being interested.

[ 10-17-2004, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: hugger_sixty_nine ]

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Hugger,
I think it's a great idea! I know that money would be the deciding factor for most folks. I would drive my coupe car from Seattle to Canada (if it will make it.lol) :D I'm not too familiar with Calgary, but have gone up to Vancouver several times...I've been needing an excuse to buy a whole new drivetrain ;) I would like more detailed info on how it would work. For example, would the folks in Cali meet up w/folks in Oregon, then Wa, etc, or de we all converge in Cali and then drive up together? Wouldn't that be cool! 4 lanes of freeway full of first gen Camaro's! :eek: I think it's about 1.5 hours to the border for me and then hang a right over to Alberta eh? Sounds do-able, but from experience, I would get moving on it if you want it to happen in 6-7 months...

Dano

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Graeme,

I think it's a great idea.

I'd be willing to help with planning & organizing.

Paul

·
Registered
6,246 Posts

We just finished the Mexican Power Tour, otherwise known as the Lacarrera Panamericana. 70 cars from the 50's and early 60's traveling at a high rate of speed for 2100 miles through the highlands of Mexico. Imagine the power tour where you actually get to use your power, about 6 times a day the Federales block off 15-20 KM of winding mountain road and you can haul ***. It takes 7 days, hotels are first-class, friendships are priceless.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by onovakind67:
It takes 7 days, hotels are first-class, friendships are priceless.
Saweeeeeeeet!

I don't know if I have enough time to organise an event like this myself in such a short time frame but I would definitey like to see this happen. If not in 2005 then definitely for 2006. Its going to take some talks between regional Camaro & Bowtie Clubs to see where the clubs can pitch in, and then finding the right sponsors to award the cruise in just the right way. I'm gonna talk to some people in the know and see what can be done.

I think a Pacific Northwest Tour might be the answer here and if it goes off with success, then expand it further south the next year, but then it all depends on what committments are made by who and in what regions. Still hoping for more interest before digging deeper into this. A show of hands please?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.